Maximising success at this time of year is extremely important for advertisers, with the biggest sale days of the year coming upon us, we have one question for you. Do you have your carefully crafted strategy in place?
In this blog, we are going to show you how to optimise your strategy for this year's Black Friday Sale! Preparing your Paid Social and Paid Google Ads is crucial to maximise your visibility, drive traffic to your website, and increase sales during this important shopping event.
//How to plan and execute your Black Friday advertising strategy:
We have broken this blog down into 10 steps, follow these to ensure you’re ready for the seasonal sale madness!
- Set Clear Goals: Determine your specific Black Friday sales goals, such as the percentage increase in revenue, the number of new customers you want to acquire, or a target return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Budget Allocation: Allocate your advertising budget, considering both Paid Social and Paid Google Ads, while keeping in mind that competition and ad costs may be higher during the Black Friday period.
- Audience Segmentation: Segment your audience based on interests, behaviours, and past purchase history. Create distinct customer personas to tailor your ads more effectively. Furthermore, targeting past customers in a different way can also be effective such as - loyalty discounts, VIP offers etc
- Ad Creatives:
- Design eye-catching and festive ad creatives that highlight Black Friday discounts and deals.
- Use carousel ads or slideshow ads to showcase multiple products.
- Create video ads to engage users and tell a compelling story about your products or brand.
- Add countdown timers to create a sense of urgency.
- Optimise your ad copy with Black Friday-specific keywords and ad extensions.
- Create ad variations for different products or categories.
- Landing Pages: Create dedicated landing pages for Black Friday deals. Ensure they load quickly and are mobile-responsive. Implement clear and concise product descriptions, prices, and call-to-action buttons. Include social proofs, such as customer reviews, testimonials, and security badges.
- Remarketing: Implement remarketing campaigns to re-engage visitors who didn't convert. Show them tailored ads highlighting the products they viewed.
- Monitor and Optimise: Continuously monitor the performance of your ads during the Black Friday period. Adjust your budget allocation based on the channels and campaigns that are delivering the best results. Optimise ad creatives, landing pages, and keywords based on click-through rates (CTR), conversion rates, and ROAS.
- Ad Extensions and Promotions: Utilise ad extensions and promotion extensions to highlight your Black Friday discounts. Set up promotion-specific ad groups or campaigns.
- Use ad extensions like sitelinks and promotions to direct users to specific landing pages.
- A/B Testing:
Conduct A/B testing on ad creatives, headlines, and landing pages to identify what works best for your audience. Make sure to do this before Black Friday to avoid testing during key trading periods.
- Post-Black Friday Follow-Up: Continue to engage with customers who made purchases during Black Friday with follow-up emails or retargeting campaigns.
Remember that Black Friday is a competitive time for online advertising, so planning and preparation are key to standing out and achieving your sales goals. Be ready to adapt your strategy based on real-time data and performance feedback. Get in touch today to work with our experts this sale season!
See some of our e-commerce studies here.
Share This Post